Sunday, June 22, 2014

Of all the inappropriate toys...

that my children managed to  smuggle into church, there never was a (toy) sword.  A sword? How did the child behind me at Mass this morning manage to bring a sword - albeit of the foamy variety - to church?  Hate to do a "if that was my child" but...if that was my child, the sword would have been confiscated and placed in a secure location. (i.e, behind mother's derriere until church was over; then it would be sentenced to a high shelf in the parents' closet for a certain punitive duration.)  I'm not a crank.  I like those foamy toy swords.  We've had a lot of fun with them over the years, just as we've also enjoyed the sport of fencing/walloping with swim noodles.  Now that plants a very bad image in my mind - children bringing 'noodles' to church....  Oy. That would demand more than a stink-eye to the parents.  One might need to call an usher.  Or the pastor.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter